Sunday, December 7, 2008

Christmas has finally arrived at our house!
It seems like it has taken forever to get time that the whole family was home and had time to decorate the tree. Well, tonight we found the time! I love watching the kids find all the ornaments they have made in school over the years and put them on the tree. The pictures are so cute and its crazy how fast they grow and how much they change from year to year. Jessica and Sydney have been bugging me to get more up to date ornaments. I agree there are some really cute ones out there but I love ours to much. When the kids were all little we made them. This was no small undertaking as anyone who has done so will agree. But, worth it. Jim cut out a ton of big wood stars and the kids and I sanded and painted them all. We hung them with plaid material and we made wreaths with cranberries and apple slices dipped in cinnamon. I remember how fun it was to do this with the kids and isn't that a big part of Christmas? Making Memories. So, I cant seem to move on to the new decorations...not yet.







Funny how a picture says so much, like yes, we are the sweet children who never give my parents any problems. Or, it could say something like ....Oh YA...we are the smart alec's and are so funny... and my Mom loves me so much that she would never put this picture on her blog. hehe.


6 comments:

Alison said...

I can't part with my "filled with memories" ornaments either. So next year... two trees for me!

Bek and Rach said...

I love the tree. I am glad you finally got it up. If those stinkin' rowes wouldn't had come in town it would have been up in time!

Renee and Brandon said...

OH DEAR! Good point Jess...I hope there aren't any creepers looking at my blog :-(

Renee and Brandon said...

Haha...well I'm sure you've seen the pictures by now...but i have more up on my blog of little Abbey!

mrs. timberlake said...

ALERT! ALERT!
It is officially time to make a new post, missy.

Bek and Rach said...

Okay time to update the blog already!! We want pics of christmas morning:)