Monday, March 29, 2010

Where does she get this stuff?!

Last week Rylee was on a speal about what a horrible mother I was. (i know, we'll call it temporary insanity) She went on and on an on about how I ALWAYS let the kids do anything they wanted and never let her! I always told them YES to everything and NO to her! Dad always says yes, yes, yes and I always say NO,NO,NO. This all coming out of her mouths in between sobs and whining and sniffing...what she wanted..I couldn't tell ya! What she needed..A Nap! Knowing this was impossible to win I said, Rylee I'm sorry you feel that way and I will never give you everything you want or let you do everything you want..that's not what I'm here for. Then we started on a WHOLE nother bawling feast..I'm sooo sorry for you Mom, because I said those things..I feel so sad inside..more tears, sniffing, blah blah..ME: its ok. I'm not perfect, no one is except Jesus...Rylee: NO..I'm perfect! ME: well, we all make mistakes is what I mean. Rylee: NO, I dont! ME: Rylee, Jesus is the only perfect person who has lived. RYLEE: No, I AM perfect ME: have you ever had to say your sorry to someone. RYLEE: ya. ME: then you made a mistake and you had to fix it. so.. your not perfect, only Jesus. RYLEE: NO...... ME: WE are done with this conversation. You can go inside and lay down or go play. NOW! wait...were not done yet.... Fast forward four days...Its been a week of field days, volleyball, roadshow practice and YCL meetings..We are now at target shopping for a dress for the Daddy Daughter Dance..running because we have another Roadshow practice and Rylee has not stopped talking since I picked her up at school! We check out, go get her a pretzel (i said yes) and run to the car..as she comes out with...WHY was Jesus the only perfect person? ME: (ugg) because he was. RYLEE: How come he died for us? ME:(ugg - why now?) RYLEE: We should have died for him. ME: (aww..ok, i got this one) He didn't want us to die for him..he wants us to live for him. RYLEE: huh? what does that mean? ME: He came to show us how we should live. The things we should do and how we should act and treat people. He was our example and taught us how. RYLEE: Oooh...so he taught KOLE to be mean..............
ME: get in the car were late. Its quite time.

2 comments:

Alison said...

Toooooo funny!! What a kid.

Anonymous said...

corbin6, Do you know that Forex Is Highest Paying Keyword in Google Adsense? Learn how to use Forex here: