Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas with Grandpa

I did it again..in my haste to get caught up on posts, i started this one backwards. ah well.
Grandpa's Christmas dinner was wonderful! The kids started out horseback ridding and after we finally pried Sydney off the horse they did pictures with the grand kids, then Santa came for a visit! Then we got to eat, enjoy each others company and then of course came the gift exchange. I like to think my kids are not all about the gifts but, when your getting from grandpa...well, it's hard not to get a LITTLE excited! Grandpa defiantly trumped Santa this year! I am very grateful for all he does for our kids. Not just the presents at Christmas of course but all he makes possible for them all year round. The girls were a crack-up trying to get this train to keep going, it did not want to co-operate!

A visit with the big guy.




I didn't even get a picture of Kole seeing his bike for the first time. Grandpa hid it outside and he ran out there so fast all I could snap a picture of was his back reflector!
Grandpa told Kole, Jacob and Corbin that they had a choice.. He would give them $200.00 cash a $25.00 check or they could have the "Unknown". It was so funny watching the three of them think about it. Kole took about three seconds and he was all about the unknown...Jacob thought about it...added it up and then choose the unknown...Corbin thought longer and harder, now his Dad has been in the finance business since we have know him so, this makes sense but, he choose the unknown also. It paid off for all of them !


2 comments:

Bek and Rach said...

Okay so I meant to call you the other day after the girls got off the phone. You can so tell Rylee has older sisters. I don;t know if you listend to any of there conversation. But when it was over I talked to Rylee and she said "uhmm..uh I was wondering if Cameron and Audrey could just come over today for just alittle while" it was pretty cute. It just told me you just need to live a little closer to home:)

mrs. timberlake said...

Two days straight of nutella. I thought you would like to know it was successful.... now to trader joes for the almond whatever you said to get.

Hasta la pasta....